This salsa combines two of my favorite foods- luscious ripe mangoes and avocados. It’s the quintessential appetizer of summer, combining the sweetness of ripe mangoes, the spiciness of jalapeños, the tang of red onions, and the creaminess of avocados. Doesn’t require any more effort than chopping the ingredients and squeezing a lime. And it’s pretty. If someone (not a vegan obviously) were to grill a nice piece of halibut, this would be heavenly on top. For the rest of us, just spoon it up with a tortilla chip.
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and diced medium
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and diced medium
- 1 small red onion, diced small
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 small jalapeño chile (stem and seeds removed), minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon coarse salt
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Stir gently and lovingly. Let sit for 10 minutes, if you can.